Coach and Open Space Facilitator
T +41 (0)33 223 26 18
M +41 (0)79 754 58 51
In 1957 I was born as an expat in Ghana / West Africa where I lived till I was 15. This international melting pot and the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean were the shape of who I am. I am a mother of 2 grown-up children, speak English as my second mother tongue and live in Thun/Switzerland.
My Values & Beliefs
- Every being has its free will
- Every being creates its own reality
- Every action in thought and deed is a choice of level of consciousness
- There is always something more to experience
Qualified competence, long-time experience, empathy and capacity for awareness
All the trainings I have attended and my comprehensive experience have grown harmoniously.
- THB (Töchter Handelsschule) a 3-year commercial school, Bern.
- Master’s of Science in Teaching English, Aston University, Birmingham, GB.
- NLP Trainer’s Trainer, with Tad James USA and David Shephard GB, approved by the American Board of NLP.
- Advanced trainings in NLP special topics in USA and in Great Britain.
- Trainer’s Trainer for Time Line TherapyTM with Tad James USA, approved by the TLTTM Association.
- Management-Training with Klaus Topel, Landshut: the manager and his/her team – rational processes and analysis – the manager as a coach – project management – conflict resolution – peer counselling
- Systemic Organisational- and Structural Constellation Work with Dr. K. Horn and Regina Brick in Munich. Further training with Insa Sparrer and Mathias Varga von Kibéd (SySt) in Munich and with Dr. Albrecht Mahr, Würzburg.
- Voice Dialogue by Stone & Stone – with Dr. K. Horn und Regine Brick in Munich
- The Solution-Focussed Interview by Steve de Shazer / Insa Kim Berg – with Insa Sparrer and Matthias Varga von Kibéd (SySt) in Munich
- BPW – Business and Professional Women
- CC – Consulting Cluster Bern
- HIV – Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- ICF – International Coach Federation
- IMMA – International Meta Health Association
- Ethics Forum Thun
- VW BEO – Political Economics Bernese Oberland
- 2 Peer Groups for systemic Organisational- and Structural Constellation Work
Working with Maya Burkhard is for you if you:
- have a strong desire to elevate yourself or your organization
- are willing to explore the choices you have made to create your present situation so that you might better understand how to create the future of your dreams
- are willing to make changes in your own life in order to achieve your goals
- have a willingness to resolve your issues through your own volition
Everybody is magnificent
Everybody is magnificent and has a life-long capacity for learning, change and evolvement. We should never underestimate the importance of being and staying mentally fit und emotionally healthy.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
What Coaching means to me: Diligence, achievement of goals, continuous gain
I set great value on taking care and being clear in making the coaching agreement, reaching the agreed goals and design the coaching process according to qualified and methodical criteria. The coaching process is evaluated together with my client
Great value is also set on efficiency, a goal-orientated and process-focussed way of working, transparency and on a systematic and systemic approach.
An individual and personalized relationship with you and a bond of trust are favourable conditions for creating and achieving your goals. Together with you, I would like to build a bridge between dreaming goals and making them come true.
My love for deep, personal reflection sparks my enthusiasm to guide individuals and teams through creative, profound coaching processes. My passion for co-creating, for shaping and redesigning is the basic approach to my daily work.